Monday, March 26

LOL.

Ah, memories from Rexall Place.

Since the boys will finish the season on the road; and it will be a longgggggggggg 6 months until any of us will be back at the Rex to watch the Oilers play, some moments/memories from my games at the Rex this season.

A non-hockey moment to start!

At this past Saturday's game; before the game actually, I always buy 2 or 3 50/50 tickets. (One day I will win that $30,000; one day.)
I stopped at the 1st 50/50 seller; ( I never buy more than one ticket from one seller, some weird superstition that I have; I also can't buy a ticket from the same seller as the person/people I am sitting with.) and she asks me if I am over 18 yrs of age.
WHAT?!
I know you have to be over 18 cuz 50/50 tickets are like a lottery sorta dealio, but in the 7 years (since I was 20) that I have been going to Oilers games (and buying 50/50 tickets at every game) I have never been asked that. NEVER. SINCE I WAS 20.
So after I blurted out WHAT?!, I said, "I am TWENTY-SEVENNNNNNNN, but if want to see my ID, I'll dig it out of my purse for you."
The seller replies, "well, really I should see it, but if you have to dig it out......."
(All snotty like, geesh.)
I ignored the snotty tone, bought my ticket and on I went. Snorted afterwards, and thought 'wtf?! that was odd.'
Caught up to my girls and said "can you believe that?! She asked if I was over EIGHTEEN. Never have I been asked for my ID before to buy a 50/50 ticket, ahaha!"

Maybe I look younger than I thought, or maybe she was just being anal over the whole "18 or older" thing.
Still; it was weird at the time and funny afterwards. It's not like I was buying a beer; they obviously have to ask for ID for that.

1 comment:

sally said...

LOL.

I'm guilty of asking for ID when I know they person is over 18. This 40-some year old chick comes up to me at my till and asks for a pack of cigarettes. And I was looking at someone else at another till (three guesses who I was looking at) and I asked for her ID. Then I looked at her. I was like "uh... nevermind."

=P