Wednesday, March 28

HO HUM. Another game, another loss.

Oh boys. *insert heavy sad sigh here*.
For all of 24 seconds last night, it looked like we might have been able to pull out a win.
Twas not in the cards though.
Toby Petersen actually scored again (WUT. Petersen scored!??!? Are you shittin me?!?!?!)
I couldn't believe my own eyes .............
But in typical Toby fashion, he's left on the ice after scoring and fucks it up. The short-lived moment of joy of actually have a lead died when Arnott tied the game up 24 seconds after Toby put us ahead.
Gawd Toby; give me some hope and then royally piss me off (again) all in the space one shift. He also happened to be on the ice when Dumont scored the GWG.
Don't think you are ever coming off my shit list now.

Any coincidence that with the return of Hemsky, (Friday against the Avs, last night against the Preds) Sykora has scored in both of those games? Maybe it's just me, cuz Sykora's goal was scored when Hemsky was on the bench. Still, you can't dispute the fact that Sykora plays better when his Czech-mate Hemsky is in the line-up.

What's even more sad than the Oilers losing once again, is the fact that last night's game was probably the last Oilers game I personally will be able to watch until next season, mostly due to my work schedule. What a way to go out; losing the last home game 4-0 and still losing.

Thursday's game is on PPV, and unless you bought the whole package at the beginning of the season, there isn't much point in paying $11.95 to watch the Oilers blow another one out their asses.
Is there even any point in hoping that the boys can win at least one more game before this awful season comes to an end? I support my boys all the way, but having false hope before every game day only to have is dashed is starting to wear thin.

Even our joining of the Avs bandwagon isn't working out so well; Flames won last night, Avs lost; the point gap is now 7 with 6 games to go for each of those teams.

I did happen to laugh one time during the game last night. Oh Greener. I doubt he could have said any more cliches in that one. The look on his face and the way he just left was funny and confusing.
A+ for that one, Matty!

No comments: