Wednesday, October 17

Oh no Sheldon. :(

The Edmonton Oilers announced today that defenceman Sheldon Souray will be out for the next 3-4 weeks with a shoulder injury. Both Souray and Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish spoke with the media today in Phoenix. The Oilers blueliner suffered the injury in Edmonton’s 4-1 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday. Souray fell on his shoulder during a fight with Canucks center Byron Ritchie midway through the third period.
FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
What is with the Oilers and freak shoulder injuries suffered during a fight?! (Do I really have to bring up Ethan's shoulder injury from last season?)
UGHHHHHHHHH.
So far, Smid has not been recalled from Springfield, so maybe Roy is coming off the IR from his concussion and Smid won't be recalled? Either way, neither of them have a feared slapshot like Sheldon does.


6 comments:

sally said...

I heard Roy's been good to go for a couple games now.

Although you know that I would absolutely love it if Smid was called up. He may not have a killer slapshot, but he's definitely better than Roy. And Grebs. Oh, and he's a total qt.

Lady_Byng said...

yes, Smid is better than both those guys. But my money is on Grebs being back in the line-up and Roy coming off the IR, so our poor Smiddy is stuck in Springfield for a while longer. :(

sally said...

:( :( :(

I really wish he wasn't in the AHL. But I know that's how it goes. Shit happens. Gotta roll with it. Adapt. Darwin. I-Ching.

(the last part of that is a quote from the movie Collateral. I like to use it sometimes. Just so you don't think I've gone insane or something, haha)

Lady_Byng said...

Lol, sports fans are always insane.
I haven't watched that movie, who's in it?

sally said...

Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan AT ALL, and the fact that he's in that movie kept me from seeing it right away, but my aunt said I had to watch it so I did.

Such a good movie though.

Lady_Byng said...

I think I may have that movie in my DVD collection of un-watched movies. I should really watch it if I do have it, lol.