Tuesday, September 25

Egads!


Moreau is out with a severe bone bruise after taking a shot off the ankle in Calgary on Saturday.
At least it's not broken, but I don't know how long it takes to recover from that kind of injury. Sounds painful. Godspeed Ethan! With Pisani already down and out and possibly gone for the entire season, we don't need anymore injuries to the grind line.

Greene is apparently going to be paired with Souray. I wonder who gets to play the point on the powerplay then, because both those guys tend to take too many unnecessary penalties.
My money is on Pitkanen. And if Souray is going to be paired with Greene, are they the number 1 pairing or the number 2 pairing? And then what are the other 2 pairings? Statios and Pitkanen, Smid and Transtrom? Where do Gilbert and Gerbeshkov fit into this? This defense is actually making me nervous.

Most of the young forward prospects are making names for themselves. Cogliano is starting to emerge, showing some hands to go along with that speed of his; scoring three goals in the last two games, including the overtime winner against the Falmes on Saturday night. Thank God, I was hoping he had some finish. He's not listed as being in the Oilers line-up for tonight's game in Phoenix, so I'm going to assume that he is playing tomorrow night against the Falmes; a game which I will be attending. wooooooo!

3 comments:

sally said...

I really hope Staios and Smid stay paired together. That's just me though..

Lady_Byng said...

They are pretty stellar together.
But if Greene is going to be with Souray (not my ideal pairing) then who plays with Joni? Transtrom?
Guess it's up the coaches to figure that out. All I know is, I don't want to have anymore nightmares like the pairing of Greene-Bergeron used to give me.

sally said...

Ugh, the Greene/Souray thing screws it all up. If it were me making the decision, the pairings would be like:

Staios/Smid
Souray/Pitkanen
Greene/Tarnstrom

But since MacT is a douche, I think he'll split Smid and Staios up and it will be more like:

Souray/Greene
Staios/Pitkanen
Smid/Tarnstrom

I mean, I really really hope that's not how it pans out, because seriously, Smid/Staios is the greatest d-pairing we have... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do.